180 / 360 degree feedback (also called 180 / 360 degree survey, 180 / 360 appraisal, multi-rater feedback or multisource feedback) is a popular tool that provides feedback that comes from all around an employee. Typically feedback includes employee manager, direct reports, peers, and self-rating. It can also include feedback from external sources - clients, suppliers or other stakeholders.
Typically 360 feedback is used to measure employee competence and behavior as well as to obtain feedback from employees and organization.
180 or 360 degree survey
Most common forms are 180 and 360 degree surveys, sometimes other forms like 270 degree surveys can be used as different number of people is participating.
- 180 degree - survey is taken by employee manager and employee
- 360 degree - survey is taken by people that can observe employee from different perspectives (employee manager, direct reports, peers, self-rating)
key success factors
- anonymity of respondents
- carefully planned and performed project communication
- implementation of development tasks as project is finish
- recurring surveys in order to monitor progress
benefits for employee and organization
- opportunity to communicate vision, mission and company strategy
- better understanding of strengths and weaknesses
- employee motivation for self-development
- improves communication between employees (communication with employee manager, direct reports, and peers)
- ability to track changes in selected areas
typical project plan
Typical 360 degree feedback project can be divided into four phases.
- project objective definition
- project plan and communication plan definition
- survey creation and implementation
- survey report creation and communication for user participants
180 / 360 degree feedback can bring many advantages to the organization. Define which competences have biggest impact on company performance, ability to measure those competences and improve them can result in improved work quality and better company performance.
mysurveylab.com survey software advantages
- anonymity of respondents (external server, data encryption)
- no need to install additional software on respondents computers
- ability to create multi-language surveys (helps to conduct surveys in multi-language work environment)
- user-friendly interface
- automation of survey response collection and report creation