360 feedback traditionally used by HR departments for potential evaluation of top managers gains more interest as a tool for employee evaluation, training needs evaluation and feedback collection whenever it is important to look at a given issue form different perspectives, e.g. company, client, partner (distributor, vendor, ...) perspective.
In the last case 360 method goes behind HR processes and can be applied in sales, marketing, processes improvement or customer care.
360 method usage example :
- managers potential evaluation
- employee / project managers potential evaluation
- training needs evaluation
- feedback survey (view on the evaluated issue / problem from different angles)
If you use 360 surveys to evaluate managers or employee potential and you have competency model created in your organization, start with the model.
Evaluation process may be stressful for your employees, therefore you should take care about right communication and data security. Survey results should be anonymous, so person that receives survey report won't be able to verify who was providing feedback.
360 degree surveys on mysurveylab.com. How to start work :
- verify if your organization has competence model
- create evaluation questionnaire
- define groups (manager, employee, team, peers, ...) and create separate collector for each group
- send survey invitation (for each group separately). Thanks to collectors, you will be able to analyze survey results as a total or separately for each group
- go to reports to analyze results