API token for Zendesk
Step 1. Generate and get access to API token
- go to Account
- press Manage accounts
- press set password button and then Generate API token button
Step 2. Create and set up survey collector
- go to you survey list and press Collectors button
- press + ADD COLLECTOR button
- enter collector name
- you can select between email (mailing invitations) and embedded email (mailing embedded survey) collector
- press Save button
Step 3. Get API connector URLs
- go to your survey collector
- press Contacts
- press API link button
- copy selected survey link and replace information in brackets [ ... ]
https://mysurveylab.com/api.php?apiToken=[API TOKEN]&cId=8379821739721&email=[DYNAMIC RESPONDENT EMAIL]&crk=[DYNAMIC CRK DATA]&referrer=[DYNAMIC RESPONDENT DATA]
||API token generated in mysurveylab.com
||email on which system will send survey
||response ID (must be unique)
||any kind of information
NOTE. Pair of email and crk must be unique per collector, it means that with the above example URL setting you can have only one survey response for each ticket. If you need more then one response per ticket then crk value must be more complex and contain additional data that will make it unique.
Step 4. Set up Extensions in Zendesk
- sign into Zendesk and go to Admin panel
- go to Extensions
- press add target button
- set  Title,  URL target (URL that you have copied form mysurveylab.com) and  Attribute name
- press  Submit button
- When you copy / paste chunks of URL (for example API token) it is important to check for extra spaces that may be added by Zendesk.
- It is important to use suggestion feature for Zendesk variables.
- Zendesk suggester only works when you add each variable after the previous one, so you can't add variable to the end of URL and then to its beginning.
NOTE. Submit / testing
- Default action of submit is to send test ping to API URL, when it is done right a test email should be visible on your collectors contact list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you tested properly then switch your submit action to save Add New Trigger using previously added extension.
Setup 5. Set up Triggers in Zendesk
- go to Triggers
- press add trigger button
- in Meet all of the following conditions select Ticket: status as Solved
- in Perform these actions select Notification: Notify target as mysurveylab survey
- enter Message
- press Create trigger button
NOTE. Please remember that Zendesk trigger message can't be empty.